Job role: Theatre Lead
Salary: £46 000 per year (dependent on experience)
Duration: Permanent full-time role
Location: Central London
Demonstrate leadership and promote and encourage teamwork. Provide skilled clinical and technical advanced assistance as a member of the operating theatre team. Lead and participate in the assessment of patient care needs implementing and maintaining agreed standards of care. Following Codes of Professional Practice provide high quality care to patients undergoing treatment within the Peri-Operative Environment.
- Line management and supervision of all grades of staff within the sphere of authority, acting as a clinical lead and expert to junior, non-registered, and less experienced staff
- Coordinate and manage own speciality and department as required. Liaise with surgeons and anaesthetists to assess requirements for future operating lists and ensure those requirements are met
- Take the lead with planning, delivering and evaluation of patient care
- Work with senior staff to identify and manage staff performance issues, including sickness absence, capability, and discipline
- Participate in the process of recruitment, selection and retention of staff
- Working with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team following local policies, protocols, and standards
- Awareness of the effective management of resources within the department, ensuring adequate stock levels, and adhering to procedures for the use and procurement of supplies
- Participate in monthly audit programme, update action plan, and lead on the implementation of any recommended changes to practice
- Promote and lead the ‘safer surgery’ agenda throughout the department
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Provide effective communication with team members to ensure an efficient service is maintained
- Work collaboratively with other team members in the department in the daily running and organization of theatre activity and provide support in all clinical areas as necessary
- Lead by example
Theatre Managers, Team Leaders of Theatres are welcome to apply.
Click Apply Now for more information!