Job role: Sous Chef
Salary: £21k – £22k per annum
Location: Arrochar, Scotland
Working hours: around 50 hours per week
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Sous Chef with a taste for adventure looking to enjoy 6 months in a lakeside hotel in the Scottish Highlands. Live-in accommodation and meals are available, so you can keep what you earn (i.e. you'll have little to no living expenses)!
Our client is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to run and manage its kitchen in the Arrochar, Scotland area. This is an excellent opportunity for a Sous Chef to express their love for food and show off their skills in a dynamic and high-profile environment. The successful candidate will help plan and prepare all elements of the menus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have a real passion for hospitality, food, and quality fresh ingredients.
- Motivation and leadership skills to represent our client and its high-end hospitality standards.
- Previous experience as a sous chef within the hospitality industry.
- A keen eye for detail to always ensure delivery of the standards and the highest level of food quality.
- A proven track record of recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining a kitchen team.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written- to ensure clear communication.
- Two prepare event lists and event plans and pack and prepare accordingly.
- To oversee the cooking and assembly of dishes in field kitchens as necessary and help set up those kitchens where appropriate.
- To effectively communicate with the front of house team on to ensure smooth running of service.
- To carry food safety checks and maintain documentation in line with legislative and best practise requirements.
- To create new ideas for menus and food presentation in line with the style of the company and documenting recipes as appropriate.
- To place all food orders, record stock and minimalise wastage.
- Must be able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Chef: 3 years
- Food Hygiene level 2