Job role: Pastry Chef
Salary: Permanent role - £24 000 - £26000 per year
Location: Broadgate, Grasmere
Our client is looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to in the hotel industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a Pastry Chef to express their love for food and show off their skills in a dynamic and high-profile environment. You will be responsible for the creation, decoration and presentation of desserts such as cakes, pastries and pies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have a real passion for hospitality, food and quality fresh ingredients.
- Previous experience as a Pastry Chef within the hospitality industry.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Report to Head Chef or Executive Chef
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written- to ensure clear communication.
- Must be able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Chef: 3 years
- Driving License is an advantage
- Food Hygiene level 2