Job role: Kitchen Porter
Salary: £14 per hour
Working hours: around 50 hours per week
Our client is looking for an experienced Kitchen Porter for their Restaurants, Coffee Shops and Wine Bars in Bath area. This is an excellent opportunity for a right candidate to helping the kitchen run smoothly. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness, basic food preparation, and maintain kitchen organisation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter within the hospitality industry.
- A keen eye for detail to always ensure the clean kitchen environment.
- Communication skills - verbal and written- to ensure clear communication.
- Ensure cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed.
- Must be able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Kitchen Porter within Hospitality Industry
- The ability to stand for long hours
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Patience and cool-headedness