£16,000 - £29,000 + Tronc
about 1 month ago
Job role: Junior/Commis Sommelier
Location: Chelsea, London
Salary: £26K - £29K dependent on experience (plus Tronc)
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Junior/Commis Sommelier for a Michelin star restaurant in Chelsea. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to express your interest in the hospitality industry, first-class service and fine dining.
- Recommending food and wine pairings
- Advising guest on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices.
- Handle complaints.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Work efficiently with other members of the team.
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices.
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware.
- Manage wine cellar and ensure it's fully stocked.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Proven work experience as a Junior/Commis Sommelier or similar role
- Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Basic knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Sunday and Monday: OFF
- Tuesday and Wednesday: only dinner service
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: mixed doubles