Our client based in the Oxford area is looking for an experienced Head Chef specialising in events catering to run and manage its kitchen. This is an excellent opportunity for a Head Chef to express their love for food and show off their skills in a dynamic and high-profile environment. The successful candidate will help plan and prepare all elements of the menus and deliver dishes for weddings, corporate events, and private parties in line with the events schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have a real passion for hospitality, food and quality fresh ingredients.
- Motivation and leadership skills to represent our client and its high-end hospitality standards.
- Previous experience as a Head Chef within the events industry.
- A keen eye for detail to always ensure delivery of the standards and the highest level of food quality.
- A proven track record of recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining a kitchen team.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written- to ensure clear communication.
- Two prepare event lists and event plans and pack and prepare accordingly.
- To oversee the cooking and assembly of dishes in field kitchens as necessary and help set up those kitchens where appropriate.
- To effectively communicate with the front of house team on event days to ensure smooth running of events.
- To carry food safety checks and maintain documentation in line with legislative and best practise requirements.
- To create new ideas for menus and food presentation in line with the style of the company and documenting recipes as appropriate.
- To place all food orders, record stock and minimalise wastage.
- Must be able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Chef: 3 years
- Driving License is an advantage
- Food Hygiene level 2